BIGGER PICS

A click on a picture will usually give you a larger image.

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Film to Book

If a good film makes the original book sell well, we should be in for a busy time.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel or, as it was originally published, These Foolish Things, by Deborah Moggach is one I've made the effort to see and though the film was entertaining, I didn't think much of the cricket scenes. That pitch was far too short.

The other two are We Bought a Zoo by Benamin Mee and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, which is the big hit.

There is one MORE but the book of John Carter of Mars (A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs) isn't so easily available and I understand the film made a huge loss. Shame. I quite enjoyed it. Perhaps because I first read it about 50 years ago. (The book was published in 1912!)

Anyway, the three pictured above are all in stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment