BIGGER PICS

A click on a picture will usually give you a larger image.

Wednesday 20 June 2012

A Horse in the Bathroom Q 2


Tony
In my review, I've suggested a comparison with 'Three Men in a Boat' rather than Bill Bryson but did either influence you at all?
Derek
If I could write like one other person in the world, it would be Bryson. I love his blend of fun and fact. Jerome K Jerome’s ‘Three Men in a Boat’? I’m now going to make a confession never told before. When I was 14, I copied out a short, little-known, very funny story by Jerome about his dog, and submitted it to the school magazine as my own. Nobody spotted the theft, and it was published. I shall be punished for it one day. But the incident must indicate a deep-seated admiration for JKJ’s style. I’m flattered by your comparison of ‘A Horse in the Bathroom’ with anything he wrote.

(I'm a big fan of J.K. Jerome but, though I have a few books more than 'Boat' and 'Bummel', I cannot remember a story about a dog. There's Montmorency, of course - Tony)

No comments:

Post a Comment