BIGGER PICS

A click on a picture will usually give you a larger image.

Monday 16 July 2012

The Hobbit - new edition

As we near the release date for Peter Jackson's next visit to Middle-Earth (The Hobbit in December) the book will increase in popularity.

Though the jacket for the new edition does not show a shot from the film (still very much under wraps) it shows a younger Bilbo Baggins just stepping out from Bag End and beyond him, the village of Hobbiton in The Shire.

I am lucky enough to have been to Hobbiton and find, as I gaze at the new jacket, that I am quite moved, but then I'm a big softy.

It really is a great looking edition and the advice on its face bears thinking about.

THE HOBBIT - READ IT BEFORE YOU SEE IT.

But then, I suppose, as Gildor once said    '... advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise, to the wise...'

No comments:

Post a Comment