BIGGER PICS

A click on a picture will usually give you a larger image.

Saturday 29 December 2012

Cotswold Bookstore - the end

Today was the last trading day at Cotswold Bookstore and what a day!

I intended taking photos but we were, all three of us, too busy accepting gifts, getting handshakes, hugs and kisses, offering drinks and mince pies and even serving a customer now and again.

Thank you all for all your gifts, for your often moist eyed thanks and for your company on this, our last day.

Running a bookshop must always be a pleasure. With friends as wonderful as you all, it has been a perfect joy.

Thank you, thank you from David, Nina and myself,
Tony.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Tony, David and Nina,
    We will miss getting to see all you lovely people, you made a very special time for us and we thoroughly enjoyed your company and your books! We wish you all the health and happiness that you more than deserve in your new chapters. We had a look for Nina on facebook but couldn't narrow it down, our names are Maggie Hibberd (maidment) and Cadie Hibberd, attending AGS if you can give us a search :) Lots of Love from Maggie and Cadie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie, Hi Cadie,

    Lovely to see you the other day and thanks for the kind message above.
    I cannot help with Nina as, though I have a facebook thingy, I have no idea how to use it. She's certainly out there somewhere.

    Cadie. Curiously your name came up last night when I met a French Poodle of the same name! Same spelling too!
    All the best to you and yours for 2013.
    Yours,
    Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry only just heard you had closed. I am deeply saddened by this, especially when you put on a lovely spread at the M.C.Beaton book signing.

    Where will I go now? for her new book in October 2013?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tigger,

    Yes, we all miss the lovely people who used the shop and became our friends. David and I frequently meet in Tilley's (next to the shop) on a Tuesday and some of our old friends join us.

    As to getting hold of the latest MC Beaton, I use The Borzoi bookshop in Stow, now. However, Nina works at Jaffe and Neale in Chipping Norton so you might like to go there.

    That's another thing I miss though. Our signings were such fun.

    Thanks for your comment and I (and I'm sure, David and Nina) wish you well.

    Yours,
    Tony.

    ReplyDelete